Wednesday 7 April 2010

Google Mail App on Blackberry

I am just in the process of trying out the Google Mail app for Blackberry on my Bold as an alternative to bog standard, network provided BIS.

Its not bad and the multiple accounts option is pretty good, but the fact it doesn't render HTML the biggest drawback.

But anyway here is my opinion.

Pro's
  • Multiple Accounts handled well
  • You can view all your emails, past and present
  • You can keep your settings when changing network providers (yet to be proven - watch this space)

Con's
  • Doesn't render HTML emails
  • Polling time very bad (5/20 minutes)
So the question has to be - which do i prefer? I think I prefer the BIS setup - its time to uninstall I think...or shall I?

UPDATE: I uninstalled the GMail app and went back to normal BIS. Its a lot better...

No comments: